Types of hosting services
A hosting service involves hoarding and/or sharing certain web content on a web server handled by a web hosting provider. There are different types of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's take a peek at them. In that way, you can pick what you need, based on whether you wish to have a site, mail aliases, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution made available by certain file storage providers, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single purpose is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting plans frequently involve advertisements by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly twisted explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would split the load between individual stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various web site hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is good if you would like to share an immense number of images with buddies or associates since the solution is mostly free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your mail address accounts. Some distributors offer web hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an e-mail service. If you desire to open a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to have a website, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video produces a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will enable you to own as many video files as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to have a site. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and mail accounts, upload videos, etc. At Free Hostia, for example, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be limitations depending on the form of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the typical email/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for specific web content exclusively.